Chocolate ginger shards
This a simple way to make after-dinner chocolates – and easier than truffles, too.
300g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100g crystallised stem ginger, finely chopped
Put the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes, stirring every so often until it has melted. Stir in the stem ginger and remove from the heat.
Line a tray with clingfilm and pour the chocolate mixture on and spread it out to about half a centimetre thick.
Refrigerate for an hour or so, then remove from the tray and clingfilm and break into shard-like pieces.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...