Chocolate ginger shards
This a simple way to make after-dinner chocolates – and easier than truffles, too.
300g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100g crystallised stem ginger, finely chopped
Put the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes, stirring every so often until it has melted. Stir in the stem ginger and remove from the heat.
Line a tray with clingfilm and pour the chocolate mixture on and spread it out to about half a centimetre thick.
Refrigerate for an hour or so, then remove from the tray and clingfilm and break into shard-like pieces.
Life & Style blogs
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: beautiful screen and slim body mean Android finally has an iPad rival
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
Man charged £223,000 for six craft beers
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 4 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...