Clams and linguine
Sunday 17 April 2011
The best pasta to use for this dish is dried pasta made from durum wheat. Fresh pasta is not strong enough to take the robustness of the clams.
1 packet of dried linguine
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 diced fresh red chilli, seeds removed
300ml/pint dry white wine
A fairly generous bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
The zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rinse the clams under cold running water until any grit or dirt is removed. Place a big pot of generously salted water on to boil; once the water has boiled, add the linguine, ensuring that all the pasta is properly under water. Cook following the manufacturer's instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, place a second heavy-based pan over a high heat and, once hot, add two tablespoons of the olive oil. Now add the clams, garlic, chilli and wine and place a secure lid on the pan. Cook until the clams are open, shaking the saucepan from time.
Once the pasta has cooked, drain and add to the clams, along with the lemon zest, parsley and the rest of the olive oil. Toss so that the pasta is well coated and serve while still really hot.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...