Sunday 14 November 2010
This is a gentle, refreshing way to finish a meal, so light in flavour it's almost ethereal.
8 sweet, juicy clementines
100g/31/2oz caster sugar
200ml/7fl oz double cream
1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthwise, seeds scraped out
3 tbsp sherry (Lustau or Pedro Ximénez)
Slice the clementines in half and squeeze to remove as much juice as possible. Strain the juice through a colander and set aside.
Place the sugar and cream in a small, heavy-based pan. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod and add them to the cream-sugar mix with the pod itself.
Place over a medium heat and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook for about a minute – you simply want to infuse the cream with the flavour of vanilla and dissolve the sugar. Remove, and set aside to cool.
Once cool, pour through a strainer on to the clementine juice. Stir well, add the sherry, pour into an ice-cream maker and follow the instructions.
If you don't have an ice-cream maker, place it in a Tupperware bowl and put in the freezer. Stir every half-hour until it sets.
Once set, scoop into bowls and serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
Worrying about your weight makes you more likely to pile on the pounds, researchers claim
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Malnourished two-year-old found being breastfed by dog in Chile
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 YouTube video shows woman verbally abusing takeaway staff 'because they used green peppers'
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...