Cocktail: Fireside Flip
A rich, warming spiced cocktail perfectly suited to the colder months, and with flavours reminiscent of the festive period, it is an ideal addition to New Year's Eve gatherings.
Thursday 31 December 2009
1 whole egg
30ml sloe gin
20ml Highland Park 12-year- old whisky
1 barspoon/teaspoon ginger jam
A dash of demerara sugar syrup
A dash of angostura bitters
Stir the jam into alcohol in a shaker, add other ingredients, dry shake (without ice), shake with cubed ice, double strain into a sherry glass without ice, and garnish with grated nutmeg.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...