Sunday 04 October 2009
The contrast of lightly whipped cream and the intense damsons works wonderfully.
300ml/10fl oz double cream
500g/1lb damson syrup (make as per the chocolate-cake recipe below)
1tbsp icing sugar
Make sure both the syrup and cream are at room temperature. Whisk the cream to soft peaks – don't over-whip as the final texture won't be nice. Fold in the sugar then, as lightly as possible, fold in the syrup. You are looking for a marbling effect. Put in the fridge until ready to eat. You can, if you like, fold in berries left whole.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Zero divided by zero: Ask Siri a simple question, have your social life mocked
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Greece crisis: Alexis Tsipras accepts troika bailout proposals with conditions
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...