Sunday 04 October 2009
The contrast of lightly whipped cream and the intense damsons works wonderfully.
300ml/10fl oz double cream
500g/1lb damson syrup (make as per the chocolate-cake recipe below)
1tbsp icing sugar
Make sure both the syrup and cream are at room temperature. Whisk the cream to soft peaks – don't over-whip as the final texture won't be nice. Fold in the sugar then, as lightly as possible, fold in the syrup. You are looking for a marbling effect. Put in the fridge until ready to eat. You can, if you like, fold in berries left whole.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Dale Bolinger guilty: What is sexual cannibalism?
Zebra meat: Exotic and lean - but does it taste good?
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
The quest to find the perfect pair of earphones: Are custom, 3D printed earbuds the solution?
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...