Sunday 04 October 2009
The contrast of lightly whipped cream and the intense damsons works wonderfully.
300ml/10fl oz double cream
500g/1lb damson syrup (make as per the chocolate-cake recipe below)
1tbsp icing sugar
Make sure both the syrup and cream are at room temperature. Whisk the cream to soft peaks – don't over-whip as the final texture won't be nice. Fold in the sugar then, as lightly as possible, fold in the syrup. You are looking for a marbling effect. Put in the fridge until ready to eat. You can, if you like, fold in berries left whole.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...