Griddled peaches with rice pudding ice-cream
Saturday 22 January 2011
This is not really an ice-cream as such, but simply frozen rice pudding enriched with egg whites. But it makes a delicious and colourful dessert that any novice cook could turn out for an impressive dinner-party pudding.
1 x 425g can of rice pudding
2 egg whites
2tbsp caster sugar
1 x 410g can of peach halves, drained
Whisk the egg whites with the sugar in a mixing machine, by hand or with an electric hand whisk until stiff. Carefully fold the egg white into the rice pudding, transfer to a plastic container with a lid and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally until it is firm and frozen.
Reserve 4 peach halves and blend the rest until smooth in a liquidiser.
To serve, heat a heavy or non-stick frying pan and fry the peaches, cut side down for 3-4 minutes, until they are nicely coloured.
Spoon a little of the peach purée onto serving plates and place the peach on the purée, cut side up.
Spoon or scoop out the rice pudding with the help of a spoon or ice-cream scoop dipped in hot water and place next to the peach. You'll probably have some frozen rice pudding left which I'm sure the kids will devour.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...