Grilled courgettes with crab and chilli
Saturday 25 May 2013
British-grown courgettes are starting to hit the market now and I always find you get the most flavour out of them if they are sliced and grilled. It works especially well when you combine them with the delicate flavour of crab and a little kick of chilli.
2 courgettes, cut lengthways into ½cm slices
A little vegetable or corn oil for brushing
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
120-150g cooked white crab meat
For the dressing
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2-3tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
The juice of half a lemon
Heat a ribbed griddle pan on a medium heat, lightly brush it with oil and cook the courgettes for about 2-3 minutes on each side until tender. Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and season.
To serve, the courgettes should be just warm; arrange them on serving plates then spoon the crab on top and the dressing over and around all of it.
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...