Japanese asparagus and duck's egg omelette
A square Japanese omelette pan is normally used for this snack but you can get away with a non-stick pan. Sometimes dashi is used too, made with dried seaweed and bonito flakes.
2 duck's eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned
A little vegetable or corn oil
4 asparagus spears, cooked and finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Nanami Togarashi chilli flakes, to serve
Pea shoots or salad leaves, to garnish
Mix the spring onion and asparagus together, then heat your pan just rubbed with a little oil.
Pour in half the egg mixture and move the pan around so the mix just coats the pan, then scatter in half the asparagus mixture; once the egg mixture is almost set, remove the pan from the heat and roll the omelette up as tightly as you can, or you can just fold it over a couple of times, then transfer to a chopping board. Repeat with the rest of the egg and asparagus mixture.
To serve, slice the omelette and arrange on a serving plate; scatter over some pea shoots or salad leaves and the chilli flakes.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...