Linguine with lemon and sage
Sunday 15 May 2011
This is a very delicate pasta dish, so it is important that you pay attention to the amount of lemon you add. Restraint is best, as the flavour of the lemon can easily overpower all the other ingredients, leaving a sharp and bitter taste. It is also important to use a good-quality pasta so the final dish is elegant.
A good pinch of sea salt
4 tbsp crème fraîche
16 sage leaves
The juice of a lemon
The zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
70g/3oz good Parmigiano-Reggiano
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a large pot of water on to boil and add a good pinch of salt. Once the water has boiled, add the linguine and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
Pour the crème fraîche into a small saucepan and place over a fairly low heat. Add the sage leaves and cook for a minute or two until the crème fraîche has warmed through. Now add the lemon juice and zest, the Parmesan and season with salt and black pepper.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain and spoon over the sauce, toss together well and serve on warm plates. Add a little extra Parmesan if you like, but in my mind, it doesn't really need it.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...