Mackerel ceviche canapés
Raw mackerel is one of the best fish you can eat – it's also a
great vehicle for spicy flavours.
These little mini popadoms, which you can buy cooked or uncooked, are perfect larder ingredients for back-up snacks and canapés. If you buy the uncooked ones you simply deep fry them, moving them around in the pan with a slotted spoon for literally a minute – or you can cook them under a medium grill brushed with a little vegetable oil.
4-6 medium sized mackerel fillets, skinned and boned
1 medium red or green chilli, trimmed and very finely diced
2 spring onions, cleaned and very finely chopped
The juice of 1-2 limes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tsp olive oil
1tbs chopped coriander
20 mini popadoms, cooked
Chop the mackerel fillets as finely as possible then mix with the other ingredients in a bowl, adding enough lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon on to the popadoms and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Yves Saint Laurent ad banned for featuring 'unhealthily underweight' model
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 2 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid
- 5 We have six months to save the world, says leading economist
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...