Mango, rose-water and lime sorbet
Sunday 18 May 2008
4 ripe mangoes
120g/4oz caster sugar
240ml/8fl oz water
The juice of 11/2 limes
11/2 tbsp rose-water
40ml/2fl oz double cream
A small pinch of salt
To make the sorbet, peel the mango and slice the flesh off the stone. Purée in a food processor. Place the sugar and the water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat for five minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Place the puréed mango into a bowl and add the lime juice, rose-water and cooled sugar syrup.
Stir well to combine then add the cream and pinch of salt. Stir well and taste. It should be slightly sweeter than you would like, as once frozen it will taste less sweet.
Place in an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions or put into a plastic container, freeze and stir at 20-minute intervals until it solidifies.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...