Mozzarella grilled between lemon leaves
Sunday 17 July 2011
I love to use lemon leaves in everything from slow-cooked dishes to marinades. Their clean, citrus flavour gives a fragrant note to dishes that is complex yet at the same time completely simple.
8 lemon leaves
25ml/1fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
2 very fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn in half
8 toothpicks or little twigs to secure the lemon leaves
A pinch of sea salt
A few grindings of black pepper
Lay four citrus leaves on your work surface, place the mozzarella in the centre of each leaf and season.
Drizzle with just a little olive oil. Lay a leaf on top of each and secure both ends with a twig (or toothpick).
Lay on the barbecue and grill for around 30 seconds. Turn gently and grill for another 30 seconds on the other side.
Season to taste and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
International Space Station’s huge size shown in spacewalk image
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...