Sunday 19 April 2009
Easy to make, all that is required is a little patience to allow these little creams to set. Soft and silky in texture, they are cool and refreshing.
25g/1oz leaf gelatine
80ml/3fl oz double cream
125g/4oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthwise
Place the gelatine in a bowl and pour in enough water to just cover.
Allow to soften, then squeeze out the water and set aside.
Pour the cream into a pan and place over a medium heat. Add the sugar and vanilla pod.
Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat, stir and divide among six ramekins.
Allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to set.
Life & Style blogs
The Swedes are adding a gender-neutral pronoun to their dictionary
McDonald’s launches clothing line using Big Mac prints
Facebook to test 747-sized drones that will beam broadband to the entire world
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
Chair-bound workers 'should move around every hour to reduce physical and mental health risks'
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...