Sunday 19 April 2009
Easy to make, all that is required is a little patience to allow these little creams to set. Soft and silky in texture, they are cool and refreshing.
25g/1oz leaf gelatine
80ml/3fl oz double cream
125g/4oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthwise
Place the gelatine in a bowl and pour in enough water to just cover.
Allow to soften, then squeeze out the water and set aside.
Pour the cream into a pan and place over a medium heat. Add the sugar and vanilla pod.
Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat, stir and divide among six ramekins.
Allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to set.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...