Sunday 19 April 2009
Easy to make, all that is required is a little patience to allow these little creams to set. Soft and silky in texture, they are cool and refreshing.
25g/1oz leaf gelatine
80ml/3fl oz double cream
125g/4oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthwise
Place the gelatine in a bowl and pour in enough water to just cover.
Allow to soften, then squeeze out the water and set aside.
Pour the cream into a pan and place over a medium heat. Add the sugar and vanilla pod.
Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat, stir and divide among six ramekins.
Allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to set.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...