Sunday 19 April 2009
Easy to make, all that is required is a little patience to allow these little creams to set. Soft and silky in texture, they are cool and refreshing.
25g/1oz leaf gelatine
80ml/3fl oz double cream
125g/4oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthwise
Place the gelatine in a bowl and pour in enough water to just cover.
Allow to soften, then squeeze out the water and set aside.
Pour the cream into a pan and place over a medium heat. Add the sugar and vanilla pod.
Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat, stir and divide among six ramekins.
Allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to set.
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel makes 15-year-old YouTube star Brendan Jordan the face of its new campaign
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...