Sunday 13 February 2011
So many things can be added to prosecco to make beautiful aperitifs, most famously fresh peaches for a Bellini. You'll struggle to find decent peaches at this time of year, so try adding crystallised rose petals with a little rose syrup as a sweetener. The result is pretty and romantic. (Rose syrup is easy to find in most Middle Eastern shops.)
3 crystallised rose petals
300ml/10fl oz rose syrup
1 bottle of prosecco (enough for 5 champagne flutes)
Chill the prosecco for about 2 hours in the fridge, and the glasses for about 20 minutes in the freezer.
To serve, break the rose petals into little shards and place in the bottom of the glass, pour the rose syrup a third of the way up the glass and gently and slowly pour over the prosecco.
You may need to stir it just a little with a small teaspoon. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
Watch teenager Collin Burns break the Rubik's Cube world record by solving puzzle in just 5.25 seconds
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
'Are you beach body ready?' backlash: Protein World boss labels feminist campaigners 'terrorists'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...