Sunday 13 February 2011
So many things can be added to prosecco to make beautiful aperitifs, most famously fresh peaches for a Bellini. You'll struggle to find decent peaches at this time of year, so try adding crystallised rose petals with a little rose syrup as a sweetener. The result is pretty and romantic. (Rose syrup is easy to find in most Middle Eastern shops.)
3 crystallised rose petals
300ml/10fl oz rose syrup
1 bottle of prosecco (enough for 5 champagne flutes)
Chill the prosecco for about 2 hours in the fridge, and the glasses for about 20 minutes in the freezer.
To serve, break the rose petals into little shards and place in the bottom of the glass, pour the rose syrup a third of the way up the glass and gently and slowly pour over the prosecco.
You may need to stir it just a little with a small teaspoon. Serve immediately.
educationTo mark International Women's Day, Sarah Brown on how charities have brought proper joined-up thinking to the delivery of education
Life & Style blogs
The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
Microsoft's Cortana (the rival to Apple's Siri) leaked online
Private school refuses to readmit anorexic pupil because her presence would be 'too disruptive to the rest of the year group,' mother claims
'It's brusquely intimate': A bereaved daughter tackles the task of emptying her father's flat
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Sir Patrick Stewart patches into David Cameron and Barack Obama's Ukraine talks with packet of wet wipes
- 4 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 5 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £16000 retainer & uncapped commission: Flight Cent...