Sunday 13 February 2011
So many things can be added to prosecco to make beautiful aperitifs, most famously fresh peaches for a Bellini. You'll struggle to find decent peaches at this time of year, so try adding crystallised rose petals with a little rose syrup as a sweetener. The result is pretty and romantic. (Rose syrup is easy to find in most Middle Eastern shops.)
3 crystallised rose petals
300ml/10fl oz rose syrup
1 bottle of prosecco (enough for 5 champagne flutes)
Chill the prosecco for about 2 hours in the fridge, and the glasses for about 20 minutes in the freezer.
To serve, break the rose petals into little shards and place in the bottom of the glass, pour the rose syrup a third of the way up the glass and gently and slowly pour over the prosecco.
You may need to stir it just a little with a small teaspoon. Serve immediately.
Matt Smith is set to join cast of Jane Austen classic - with a twist
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 review: not an overhaul, but the iPhone is gradually growing up
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...