Shaved asparagus and goat's cheese salad
Saturday 02 May 2009
Raw asparagus might seem a little odd, but it's actually delicious, and offers a vastly different eating experience to the cooked variety.
A couple of handfuls of small salad leaves
12 or so stems of thick asparagus, woody stalks trimmed
120-150g soft goat's cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
The juice of 1 lemon
3-4tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
With a sharp mandolin or with a very sharp knife, slice the asparagus as thinly as possible on the angle and place in a bowl.
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing, season well and mix with the asparagus and leave for 10 minutes.
Toss the asparagus with the leaves and arrange on plates. Crumble the goat's cheese over the salad and serve immediately.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...