Sprouting broccoli with pickled walnuts
Saturday 21 May 2011
I love the combination of sprouting broccoli and pickled walnuts. You can serve this dish either as a starter or even as a main course, on toast rubbed with a little garlic.
150g or so of sprouting broccoli with any woody stems cut off
2-3 pickled walnuts, sliced or quartered
1-2tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender, then drain. Arrange on a warm serving plate, scatter the pickled walnuts on top, season and drizzle some oil on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...