Sprouting broccoli with pickled walnuts
Saturday 21 May 2011
I love the combination of sprouting broccoli and pickled walnuts. You can serve this dish either as a starter or even as a main course, on toast rubbed with a little garlic.
150g or so of sprouting broccoli with any woody stems cut off
2-3 pickled walnuts, sliced or quartered
1-2tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender, then drain. Arrange on a warm serving plate, scatter the pickled walnuts on top, season and drizzle some oil on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...