Tagliolini with smoked salmon and fennel
I like to use Cipriani tagliolini for this as it's very delicate and perfect for this dish which takes just minutes to knock up.
4 small servings of tagliolini
100-120g smoked salmon trimmings, chopped
200-250g crème fraîche
1tbsp chopped fennel tops or dill
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, according to the manufacturer's cooking instructions; drain, reserving a little cooking water.
Put the crème fraîche in a pan with the fennel, season and bring to the boil; simmer for a minute or until just thick enough to coat the pasta.
Toss in the pasta and salmon and adjust the consistency with a little of the cooking water if necessary. Re-season; serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...