Tapenade and Emmental biscuits
These make good use of ready-made tapenade or you can make it yourself by stoning some black or green olives and blending them in a food processor.
200g puff pastry, rolled as thinly as possible to about 2-3mm and 10cm wide
60-80g green tapenade
60g grated Emmental
8-10 stoned black olives, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Lay the puff pastry on a baking tray, spread half with the tapenade and scatter over half of the cheese, then fold the rest of the pastry over. Spread the rest of the tapenade on the top and scatter the black olives and remaining cheese over. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly coloured, then remove from the oven, transfer to a chopping board and cut into roughly 1cm-wide fingers. Serve warm.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...