Tapenade and Emmental biscuits
These make good use of ready-made tapenade or you can make it yourself by stoning some black or green olives and blending them in a food processor.
200g puff pastry, rolled as thinly as possible to about 2-3mm and 10cm wide
60-80g green tapenade
60g grated Emmental
8-10 stoned black olives, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Lay the puff pastry on a baking tray, spread half with the tapenade and scatter over half of the cheese, then fold the rest of the pastry over. Spread the rest of the tapenade on the top and scatter the black olives and remaining cheese over. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly coloured, then remove from the oven, transfer to a chopping board and cut into roughly 1cm-wide fingers. Serve warm.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Common antibiotic linked to increased risk of heart disease
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...