Saturday 22 January 2011
A can of tuna can often save the day when it's transformed into a tasty snack or a brunch-type dish such as this. It's pretty good value for money and it will go quite a long way when you add in a few cooked potatoes.
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
A couple of knobs of butter
8 medium eggs, beaten
A couple of medium-sized potatoes (250-300g) peeled, cooked and cut into rough 1cm dice
2tbsp chopped parsley
1 x 200g can of tuna, drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a non-stick frying pan and gently cook the onions in the butter for 3-4 minutes without colouring until soft.
Meanwhile, mix the eggs, potatoes, parsley and tuna and season to taste.
Add the egg mixture to the pan with the onions and stir over a medium heat until the mixture begins to set, then stop stirring and allow the tortilla to set on the bottom without colouring.
Remove from the heat and turn out the tortilla on to a plate. Serve hot or cold.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be overweight by 2030, says World Health Organisation
Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
High school in Texas with no sex education policy is dealing with chlamydia outbreak
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 3 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 4 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
- 5 Chinese theme park sets up 'death simulator' where volunteers can experience being cremated
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...