Veal chop with girolles
I do love a veal chop and if your butcher doesn't have them in stock, he should be able to order them for you. They naturally cut a bit on the large side, so you could easily share one between two and just carve it on a board at the table.
4 veal chops weighing about 350-400g each
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g girolle or other wild mushrooms, cleaned
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan, barbecue or heavy frying pan. Season the chops and lightly oil them. Grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side or a little longer, depending on the thickness, but keeping them pink.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the girolles and garlic on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, seasoning them and turning them as they are cooking until tender; then toss in the parsley.
Serve the chops with the girolles scattered on top.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
The hoverboard is real, and it could give rise to hoverhouses
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
St Bees in Cumbria named best place to raise a family in the UK
Lynda Bellingham dead: Bowel cancer - what is it and what are the symptoms?
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...