Veal chop with girolles
I do love a veal chop and if your butcher doesn't have them in stock, he should be able to order them for you. They naturally cut a bit on the large side, so you could easily share one between two and just carve it on a board at the table.
4 veal chops weighing about 350-400g each
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g girolle or other wild mushrooms, cleaned
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan, barbecue or heavy frying pan. Season the chops and lightly oil them. Grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side or a little longer, depending on the thickness, but keeping them pink.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the girolles and garlic on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, seasoning them and turning them as they are cooking until tender; then toss in the parsley.
Serve the chops with the girolles scattered on top.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
- 5 'Killer robots' with AI must be banned, urge Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky and thousands of others in open letter
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...