Wild garlic salt
This is great to use as a seasoning for meats and fish or add to a marinade for an early-summer barbecue.
200g or so of wild garlic leaves
150-200g flaky rock salt
Set your oven to its lowest temperature. With some modern ovens you can get away with using just the fan; or the warming oven of an Aga is also ideal for this.
Scatter the wild garlic leaves on to a baking tray and leave in the oven overnight until the pieces are dry and crisp, but don't let them start to go brown.
Once dry enough to crumble, put them into a food processor with the sea salt flakes and blend to a coarse powder-like consistency, or as coarse or fine as you wish. Store in airtight containers.
Life & Style blogs
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 SAG Awards: Fake applause track interrupts Reese Witherspoon
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...