Wild garlic salt
This is great to use as a seasoning for meats and fish or add to a marinade for an early-summer barbecue.
200g or so of wild garlic leaves
150-200g flaky rock salt
Set your oven to its lowest temperature. With some modern ovens you can get away with using just the fan; or the warming oven of an Aga is also ideal for this.
Scatter the wild garlic leaves on to a baking tray and leave in the oven overnight until the pieces are dry and crisp, but don't let them start to go brown.
Once dry enough to crumble, put them into a food processor with the sea salt flakes and blend to a coarse powder-like consistency, or as coarse or fine as you wish. Store in airtight containers.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...