Wild strawberry coupe
Coupes come in all sorts of guises and can be easily adapted to suit your taste. If you can't get your hands on wild strawberries then normal strawberries will do. I also got my hands on some pine berries as well, which adds a little different twist, but they aren't essential. This is nice served with a light biscuit, like a tuille or brandy snap.
100-120ml strawberry purée (see previous Bellini recipe)
8 balls of good-quality vanilla or strawberry ice-cream, or a mix of the two
100ml double cream, lightly whipped with a tablespoon of caster sugar
100g wild strawberries
A few shavings of white chocolate
4 biscuits like a brandy snap or similar, or even some crushed meringue
You can arrange the ingredients for this coupe however you wish but I suggest spooning some purée into four coupe glasses or bowls. Put the balls of ice-cream in next, then spoon the cream in.
Pour some more purée over and around everything, then scatter the wild strawberries in. Lastly, scatter some chocolate shavings or place a biscuit on top – whichever you prefer.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 3 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 4 Motorists taunt suicidal woman on bridge and tell her to 'get on with it'
- 5 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...