Wild strawberry coupe
Coupes come in all sorts of guises and can be easily adapted to suit your taste. If you can't get your hands on wild strawberries then normal strawberries will do. I also got my hands on some pine berries as well, which adds a little different twist, but they aren't essential. This is nice served with a light biscuit, like a tuille or brandy snap.
100-120ml strawberry purée (see previous Bellini recipe)
8 balls of good-quality vanilla or strawberry ice-cream, or a mix of the two
100ml double cream, lightly whipped with a tablespoon of caster sugar
100g wild strawberries
A few shavings of white chocolate
4 biscuits like a brandy snap or similar, or even some crushed meringue
You can arrange the ingredients for this coupe however you wish but I suggest spooning some purée into four coupe glasses or bowls. Put the balls of ice-cream in next, then spoon the cream in.
Pour some more purée over and around everything, then scatter the wild strawberries in. Lastly, scatter some chocolate shavings or place a biscuit on top – whichever you prefer.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...