Try your hand at the world's best cocktail
Spaniard David Rios was crowned Diageo World Class Bartender of the year last week - can you recreate his recipes at home?
After a competition involving several thousand barmen from 44 countries, the world's best bartender was announced last week in Barcelona's bull ring.
Spaniard David Rios of Jigger Cocktail & Disco Bar in Ciudadela won the laurels with two cocktails created specially for the competition. Diageo have now released the recipes so you can try them out at home.
Gold Basque Punch
60ml Johnnie Walker Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky
30ml Amer Picon bitter aperitif
30ml Pineapple juice
Glass: Wine glass
Garnish: Orange twist
Method: Stir all ingredients together over a large block of ice.
Now pour into a chilled wine glass and serve with a twist of orange.
Wild Strawberries Film
50ml Ketel One vodka
20ml Aperol infused with wild strawberries
15ml Sugar syrup
20ml Kumquat and grapefruit juice (50/50 split)
1 Egg white
2 dashes Orange bitters
Method: Muddle the strawberry with the sugar syrup.
Add all the other ingredients to and shake vigorously with ice.
Serve with garnish of dried strawberries, mint leaf and lemon zest spritz
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
As Kellie Maloney has experienced, when you're transgender, strangers think it's OK to ask intimate questions – it's not
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...