Try your hand at the world's best cocktail
Spaniard David Rios was crowned Diageo World Class Bartender of the year last week - can you recreate his recipes at home?
After a competition involving several thousand barmen from 44 countries, the world's best bartender was announced last week in Barcelona's bull ring.
Spaniard David Rios of Jigger Cocktail & Disco Bar in Ciudadela won the laurels with two cocktails created specially for the competition. Diageo have now released the recipes so you can try them out at home.
Gold Basque Punch
60ml Johnnie Walker Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky
30ml Amer Picon bitter aperitif
30ml Pineapple juice
Glass: Wine glass
Garnish: Orange twist
Method: Stir all ingredients together over a large block of ice.
Now pour into a chilled wine glass and serve with a twist of orange.
Wild Strawberries Film
50ml Ketel One vodka
20ml Aperol infused with wild strawberries
15ml Sugar syrup
20ml Kumquat and grapefruit juice (50/50 split)
1 Egg white
2 dashes Orange bitters
Method: Muddle the strawberry with the sugar syrup.
Add all the other ingredients to and shake vigorously with ice.
Serve with garnish of dried strawberries, mint leaf and lemon zest spritz
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...