Virtually tasty: how to pick and prepare a kid
Thursday 14 October 2010
Young goat or kid, the farm-to-table meat du jour, is proving to be a healthier option for carnivores. Here are some tips on various types of kids and recipes to try.
Suite101 details the various types of goat meat and health benefits associated with it: http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-select-prepare-and-cook-goat-meat-a143486
Fijian goat curry on iFood.TV: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/fijian_goat_curry
Korma Goat from the Vietnamese-French blogger Pham Fatale: http://www.phamfatale.com/id_550/title_Goat-Korma-Spicy-Curried-Braised-Goat-Meat/
Crete [Greek] Goat Stew by Brewshow on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZzqGLAP30
NigerianKitchen's goat stew with rice and fried plantains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P92kOJPHJE
Ecuadorian Seco de chivo by blogger Laylita: http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/02/28/seco-de-chivo-or-braised-goat-stew
The Kitchn's Braised Goat Shanks with Prune, Shallot, and Brandy Reduction: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/ingredients-meat/recipe-braised-goat-shanks-with-prune-shallot-and-brandy-reduction-079971
Pappardelle with braised goat ragù from Gourmet magazine: http://gourmettraveller.com.au/pappardelle_with_braised_goat_rag.htm
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...