200 mn in US to use smartphones or tablets by 2015: forecast
Wednesday 24 August 2011
Some 200 million Americans will own smartphones or tablet computers by 2015, with many people having both, marketing intelligence firm In-Stat forecast on Tuesday.
"This market trend will have a huge impact on how video entertainment is acquired and consumed," the firm predicted in its forecast.
Technology titans such as Google, Apple, and Microsoft have been staking out territory in a "post-PC" world marked by people tapping into the Internet from mobile gadgets instead of desktop computers.
Life & Style blogs
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They focus on four deeply overl...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A truly exciting opportunity has ari...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Setup, configure, troubleshoot,...