Apple gadgets to get wireless printing in November
Apple said that a software update to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices in November will let users wirelessly print photos, documents, or graphics.
A test version of the coming iOS 4.2 update released to software developers on Wednesday included an AirPrint feature that automatically finds Wi-Fi enabled printers on local networks and connects.
"iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users can simply tap to print their documents or photos wirelessly," said Apple senior vice president of worldwide product marketing Philip Schiller.
"AirPrint is Apple's powerful new printing architecture that matches the simplicity of iOS - no set up, no configuration, no printer drivers and no software to download."
The update addresses criticism by some that the California company's hot-selling iPad tablet computers lack ports for plugging in cables to connect with printers.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Risk Manager - Birmingham - £350-...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Connex Education: Connex Education are l...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Lead Solutions Architect - Edinburgh - Bank - Up ...