Apple gadgets to get wireless printing in November
Thursday 16 September 2010
Apple said that a software update to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices in November will let users wirelessly print photos, documents, or graphics.
A test version of the coming iOS 4.2 update released to software developers on Wednesday included an AirPrint feature that automatically finds Wi-Fi enabled printers on local networks and connects.
"iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users can simply tap to print their documents or photos wirelessly," said Apple senior vice president of worldwide product marketing Philip Schiller.
"AirPrint is Apple's powerful new printing architecture that matches the simplicity of iOS - no set up, no configuration, no printer drivers and no software to download."
The update addresses criticism by some that the California company's hot-selling iPad tablet computers lack ports for plugging in cables to connect with printers.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 5 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Graduate Java / C++ ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My Client is...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + On Call + Pension + Private Medical: Progressive R...