Computer program that helped police recover stolen MacBook: top Diggs
Wednesday 08 June 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on June 7.
1. Jon Stewart's Ratings Are Now Higher Than All Of Fox News
According to market researcher Nielsen, late night TV show The Daily Show with Jon Stewart has a larger average number of viewers than the Fox News network.
2. This Guy Has My MacBook
A blog post detailing the robbery and subsequent recovery of a MacBook thanks to a program that remotely captures photos, screenshots, network details and location information after a theft has occurred.
A photo that juxtaposes the number of states in the USA that will allow first cousins to marry with the much smaller number of states that allow gay marriage.
4. Sarah Palin Gets The 2nd Amendment And Paul Revere's Ride Wrong
An article that documents American politician Sarah Palin's failure to comprehend the Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
5. Top Scientology Leader Arrested In Australia For Covering Up Child Sex Abuse
Jan Eastgate, the President of the Citizen's Commission on Human Rights within the Church of Scientology in Australia, has reportedly been arrested after being accused of covering up incidents of child sex abuse.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...