Gadget of the week - Pico-C USB drive, £380
Wednesday 26 November 2008
For anyone still feeling flush despite financial failures, busted banks and reams of redundancies, this could be a great way to waste some wedge. It's an 8GB memory stick covered with a 24-carat gold. Tasteful it's not, but if you're still willing to spend the equivalent of £400 on a blinging piece of computer kit, then subtlety and moderation probably aren't your most obvious virtues. Hilariously, it comes with a chain so it can be worn as a necklace and is sold encased in a plush velvet presentation box. A golden USB drive is definitely God's way of telling you that you have too much money...
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL DBA (SSIS, ETL) - Central London, £60,000...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: This role is a perfect opportunity for someon...
£35 - 45K + COMMISSION (NEG): Guru Careers: A Sales Director / Business Develo...
£50k ( neg) plus benefits : Freshtechit: ColdFusion roles available in Surrey ...