Games Review: GTA Chinatown Wars
DS, Rockstar, £29.99
Saturday 21 March 2009
Created specially for the DS, Chinatown Wars is no cut-and-paste port of previous GTA titles. And despite the size constraints of the DS’s screens, it manages to capture the big, bad world of Liberty City – all casual violence, entertaining action and excellent sound-bites – while being a unique game in its own right. It combines high- colour cut-scenes with topdown gameplay and the soundtrack is as good as any console GTA title. The drug-dealing minigames feel like they’ve been included by Rockstar for their shock value, but otherwise Chinatown Wars is a great chunk of fun.
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£45000 per annum + pension,medical: Ashdown Group: A successful & reputable gl...