Games review: The Sims 3: World
Friday 20 November 2009
Format PC, Mac
Publisher Electronic Arts
To say that the Sims series is no stranger to expansion packs would be an epic understatement. Spin-offs have run the gamut from pets to extreme weather conditions, so it’s no surprise that less than six months after the launch of The Sims 3, the first add-on for it has landed. World Adventures broadens the Sims’ horizons by sending them on family holidays and getting them to tackle local challenges. The better the Sims do, the longer theirVisas last. Some sections (notably the tombexploring excursions) feel slightly out of place, and dragging your Sim family around the world can be more exhausting than it is entertaining.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...