Games Reviews: Retribution
Friday 16 April 2010
Format PS3, Xbox 360
Playing like a game v ersion of Die Hard meets Lassie, Dead to Rights: Retribution sees up-against-it cop Jack Slate battling hostage-takers in a skyscraper with only his wits and his canine companion, Shadow, to help. And if you think that the plot sounds a little, shall we say, clichéd, wait until you see the gameplay. It’s not so much that it’s bad, just careless – endless levels, unchallenging combat and unimaginative everything else. Retribution is worth a play for an afternoon’s fun, but beyond that its appeal, like its horizons, is limited.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Mobile App/IOS...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front End Deve...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Web App Dev...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: BI Developer/A...