XCOM: Enemy Unknown to invade stores this October
Release date and pre-order packages confirmed.
Michael Plant is chief editor and writer of gaming ezine and blog GamesCatalyst.com, as well as editor of 'The Independent'’s games review printed in the Saturday supplement 'Information'. Established in February 2011, Games Catalyst endeavours to bring its unique brand of fact and satire to the videogaming community and, in tandem with 'The Independent', hopefully turn a few non-believers on to gaming while we’re at it.
Wednesday 23 May 2012
2K Games announced today that Firaxis Games’ XCOM: Enemy Unknown will release on 12 October 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Originally released in 1993, the original X-COM is regarded as a classic of the strategy genre and has been reimagined as XCOM: Enemy Unknown by the developer. XCOM: Enemy Unknown will expand on the X-COM legacy with an entirely new story, enemies and technologies to fight hostile aliens and defend Earth as players oversee combat strategies and individual unit tactics, as well as managing bases and resources allocation as commander of secret global military organization, XCOM.
‘XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the answer to the 15-year craving that fans have been experiencing,’ said Steve Martin, president of Firaxis Games. ‘We wanted to find a special way to honor these die-hard fans, and the special edition and Elite Soldier Pack are just the way to do it.’
Fans that pre-order the game will receive the launch bonus “Elite Soldier Pack” which includes further options for soldier customisation including:
- Classic X-COM Soldier: Players will instantly receive a new recruit in their barracks inspired by the original X-COM: UFO Defense. The iconic soldier with the blonde, flattop hairstyle will return in his full glory, modernized with the rest of the X-COM universe.
- Soldier Deco packs: Players can customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits, including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits.
- Complete color customization: A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow players complete control to customize their squad’s look.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Argentina may change its capital city from Buenos Aires, says president
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior SQL DBA...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Web Develop...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...