In pictures: PS4 launches in America
Friday 15 November 2013
Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 4, was launched last night in America.
With a special event hosted by Sony Entertainment Network at New York's The Standard, 444 consoles were sold as fans camped and queued to get their hands on the latest PS4.
The console has 8GB of system memory, 500GB of storage and a Blu-ray player.
It will be competing against Microsoft's Xbox One and Nintendo's Wii U.
Joey Chiu, 24, was the lucky man, and biggest fan to be first in line, to get the first console to be sold.
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£19000 - £24000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have be...
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are cur...