iPhone, iPad users downloading 61 percent more apps says study
Monday 11 July 2011
A report released July 11 by investment research company Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster predicts that iPhone and iPad users will download 61 percent more apps in 2011 than in 2010 and these apps will cost an average of $1.44.
Due to the lack of data available from Apple, the report is based upon Gene Munster's own model of Apple's app store business.
According to the report, in 2011 the average owner of a device on the iOS operating system such as an iPhone or iPad will download 83 applications, representing a 61 percent increase from the average 51 apps downloaded by users in 2010.
In addition the report finds that the average price of each application is increasing by 14 percent in 2011 to $1.44 following a decline of 18 percent in 2010; these 'paid' apps represent 18 percent of the applications available in Apple's app store.
The increase in the average price of applications is, the report suggests, driven by the rising demand for more expensive iPad apps.
[Via CNN Money]
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...