Lower the US drinking age to 18 and stop wearing big sunglasses: top Diggs
Wednesday 20 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 19.
1. All women. Please stop wearing these. They look horrible - pictures of Jennifer Lopez, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie wearing oversized sunglasses.
2. The drinking age should be 18, period - an article about underage binge drinking, and how dropping the US legal drinking age to 18 would reduce binge drinking-related tragedies.
3. This Is How the TSA Pats Down a 6-Year-Old Girl - a video of a 6-year-old girl getting patted down and drug tested by TSA staff.
4. f**k Yeah, Chrome - a screenshot of an online Italian exam in Google's Chrome browser showing the browser's automatic "This page is in Italian. Would you like to translate it?" translation option.
5. Ahhh Technology - a photo of an Xbox 360 and a piece of paper over it that reads "broken" while the much older Nintendo Entertainment System next to it is labeled "still works!"
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Thought you'd seen it all after the Jeremy Paxman interview?
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
"History is violent," says the US Army tank commander Don "Wardaddy" Collier
Striker's four-month ban for biting an opponent expires on Friday
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Ebola: NYC doctor Craig Spencer tests positive for disease after returning from west Africa
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Reading are...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Support Analyst ...
£45000 per annum: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Datacentre Consultant (Datacentre,...
£45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: .NET Develope...