Microsoft's Xbox One catches up to the PS4
US sales figures for February held good news for Microsoft
We’ve been talking a lot this week about how the Xbox One might be getting a significant sales boost form sci-fi shooter Titanfall but it seems this might not be necessary.
The latest sales figures from NPD report that the Xbox One sold “over 90 per cent of what the PS4 sold in terms of unit sales” in the US in February.
This is a considerable turnabout considering earlier reports that in January Sony’s console sold “nearly double” the units of Microsoft’s.
With the Xbox One’s higher price point, these latest sales figures that Microsoft’s gaming system actually made more money than Sony’s on a dollar basis, said NPD analyst Liam Callahan in a statement.
The Xbox One sold 258,000 units in the US in the month of February, improving upon the Xbox 360 sale’s by over 61 per cent at the same point in its lifespan.
The new sales figures follow the highly anticipated launch of Titanfall, which went on sale for PC and Xbox One in the US at the beginning of the week and is on sale in the UK from today.
Life & Style blogs
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing digital agenc...
£58000 - £65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL DBA - Bromley, South East London...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager ...