Google doodle pays tribute to origami 'grandmaster' Akira Yoshizawa
Google has created a new 'doodle' celebrating what would have been the 101st birthday of origami master Akira Yoshizawa.
Yoshizawa is credited with transforming the ancient Japanese folk tradition from a child's pastime into a legitimate art form by creating the technique of wet-folding, which allowed origami artists to create rounded sculptures using thicker pieces of paper.
Today's doodle, designed by Californian origami artist Robert Lang, features a pleated three-dimensional Google logo, augmented with butterflies - a design synonymous with Yoshizawa's early work.
Life & Style blogs
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40000: SThree: As a Recruitment Consultant, y...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£15 - £17 Per Hour: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently r...