iPhone 6 release date: What can we glean from Apple's cryptic invite?
Two new iPhones and possibly an iWatch are expected on 9 September
What is almost certainly the iPhone 6 launch was confirmed yesterday as invites went out to press teasing an announcement on 9 September 2014.
The email invite was pretty blank, offering only the date and the words 'Wish we could say more', but this won't stop the internet from trying to unearth hidden messages about what will be launched.
- Is the embellishment at the top in fact a sine wave representing an emphasis on health (something expected to be a major part of the rumoured iWatch)?
- Is it a finger tapping a button, referencing the fingerprint scanner and a sense of identity?
- Is it a bird, a heavy-handed metaphor for swooping over the competition or else a signal that the iPhone 6 will double as a drone that can aerial photograph terrain with effects filters called things like Heritage Blaze, Baroque Swag and Knowing Owl?
- Has the '9.9' been chosen because it is two sixes upside down, a nod to the expected two different-sized iPhones?
- 'Say more'. Siri, is that you?
- WISH SOUNDS A BIT LIKE WATCH
- Does the white background mean the iPhone 6 will die in season 5?
The invite might be pretty opaque, but there are tons of rumours for specs out there, the ones recurring most often being the introduction of a sapphire display, a 13 megapixel camera and 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sized devices.
It is on the software side of things where the biggest improvements will come though, with Apple promising that iOS 8 will provide the most 'natural experience' yet and finally make using iCloud second nature.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus battery capacity will be weaker than predecessors, Apple leaks suggest
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Amazon Prime Video launches offline viewing, feature Netflix has said is 'never going to happen'
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£38000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Design and build advanced appli...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitm...