iPhone 6 release date: What can we glean from Apple's cryptic invite?
Two new iPhones and possibly an iWatch are expected on 9 September
What is almost certainly the iPhone 6 launch was confirmed yesterday as invites went out to press teasing an announcement on 9 September 2014.
The email invite was pretty blank, offering only the date and the words 'Wish we could say more', but this won't stop the internet from trying to unearth hidden messages about what will be launched.
- Is the embellishment at the top in fact a sine wave representing an emphasis on health (something expected to be a major part of the rumoured iWatch)?
- Is it a finger tapping a button, referencing the fingerprint scanner and a sense of identity?
- Is it a bird, a heavy-handed metaphor for swooping over the competition or else a signal that the iPhone 6 will double as a drone that can aerial photograph terrain with effects filters called things like Heritage Blaze, Baroque Swag and Knowing Owl?
- Has the '9.9' been chosen because it is two sixes upside down, a nod to the expected two different-sized iPhones?
- 'Say more'. Siri, is that you?
- WISH SOUNDS A BIT LIKE WATCH
- Does the white background mean the iPhone 6 will die in season 5?
The invite might be pretty opaque, but there are tons of rumours for specs out there, the ones recurring most often being the introduction of a sapphire display, a 13 megapixel camera and 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sized devices.
It is on the software side of things where the biggest improvements will come though, with Apple promising that iOS 8 will provide the most 'natural experience' yet and finally make using iCloud second nature.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...