iPhone 6 release date: What can we glean from Apple's cryptic invite?
Two new iPhones and possibly an iWatch are expected on 9 September
What is almost certainly the iPhone 6 launch was confirmed yesterday as invites went out to press teasing an announcement on 9 September 2014.
The email invite was pretty blank, offering only the date and the words 'Wish we could say more', but this won't stop the internet from trying to unearth hidden messages about what will be launched.
- Is the embellishment at the top in fact a sine wave representing an emphasis on health (something expected to be a major part of the rumoured iWatch)?
- Is it a finger tapping a button, referencing the fingerprint scanner and a sense of identity?
- Is it a bird, a heavy-handed metaphor for swooping over the competition or else a signal that the iPhone 6 will double as a drone that can aerial photograph terrain with effects filters called things like Heritage Blaze, Baroque Swag and Knowing Owl?
- Has the '9.9' been chosen because it is two sixes upside down, a nod to the expected two different-sized iPhones?
- 'Say more'. Siri, is that you?
- WISH SOUNDS A BIT LIKE WATCH
- Does the white background mean the iPhone 6 will die in season 5?
The invite might be pretty opaque, but there are tons of rumours for specs out there, the ones recurring most often being the introduction of a sapphire display, a 13 megapixel camera and 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sized devices.
It is on the software side of things where the biggest improvements will come though, with Apple promising that iOS 8 will provide the most 'natural experience' yet and finally make using iCloud second nature.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£6240 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a well established websit...
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A skilled .NET developer with e...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company are cur...