iTunes passes 10bn downloads
Thursday 25 February 2010
Online music store iTunes has passed the 10 billion milestone for download sales.
The total was reached this week as an unnamed winner was rewarded with a 10,000 iTunes gift card, the equivalent of £6,500.
The music site also announced that the Black Eyed Peas song I Gotta Feeling was the most downloaded track since its launch in 2003.
Lady GaGa's single Poker Face was the second biggest worldwide seller, with Black Eyed Peas registering again in third place with Boom Boom Pow.
The highest-placed British act was Coldplay at five with Viva La Vida, with Leona Lewis at nine with Bleeding Love.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£380 - £410 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: Agile Business Analyst with expe...
£70000 - £80000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Solutions Architec...
£30000 - £36000 per annum: PCR Recruitment Limited: We are looking for an inno...