iTunes passes 10bn downloads
Thursday 25 February 2010
Online music store iTunes has passed the 10 billion milestone for download sales.
The total was reached this week as an unnamed winner was rewarded with a 10,000 iTunes gift card, the equivalent of £6,500.
The music site also announced that the Black Eyed Peas song I Gotta Feeling was the most downloaded track since its launch in 2003.
Lady GaGa's single Poker Face was the second biggest worldwide seller, with Black Eyed Peas registering again in third place with Boom Boom Pow.
The highest-placed British act was Coldplay at five with Viva La Vida, with Leona Lewis at nine with Bleeding Love.
Life & Style blogs
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate BI Consultant (B...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager (Product Ma...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Cloud Product and Solutions Marketin...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...