Nokia rejects rumours of new mobile phone delay
Wednesday 22 September 2010
Nokia said on Tuesday that reports of a delay in the launch of its new N8 mobile phone, seen as a key product needed to boost the company's fortunes, are inaccurate.
"We have said we expect to ship the N8 by the end of the third quarter and that hasn't changed," Nokia spokesman Doug Dawson told AFP.
He said that the misunderstanding has arisen from the fact that Nokia's marketing department informed customers who pre-ordered the phone that they should expect them in October.
He added that a number of factors affect delivery, such as shipping and customs arrangements, but that there have been no developments within the company to delay the N8's appearance in stores.
The N8 is considered to be a crucial development in Nokia's product line as it is a competitor to the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android-platform smart-phones that have been chipping away at the company's market share.
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
25-30k + Comms + Benefits: Sphere Digital Recruitment: A rapidly expanding tag...