Socialnomics author Erik Qualman has uploaded the latest video in his Social Media Revolution series to video sharing site YouTube.
The video is packed full of interesting social media facts and figures including these gems of wisdom:
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world's largest.
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Sweden, Israel, Greece, Chile, North Korea, and Australia.
- 69 percent of parents are "friends" with their children on social media.
- Groupon will reach $1 billion in sales faster than any company in history.
- 90 percent of consumers trust peer recommendations (while only 14 percent trust advertisements)
Read more about socialnomics at http://www.socialnomics.net.
For more fascinating social media facts (dating back to 2010) visit http://socialmediatoday.com/soravjain/237864/fascinating-social-media-facts-year-2010.