'Portal 2' victorious, 'Metro 2033' renaissance in PC download charts
Tuesday 26 April 2011
Portal 2 tops the Steam Network's chart for the week ending April 26, with the
Portal + Portal 2 bundle close behind and
Portal in fifth; spooky survivalist shooter
Metro 2033 rides high on GamersGate thanks to a special sale price.
Portal's ascension is fitting, given that the Steam Network is owned and operated by Portal developer Valve Corporation.
The GamersGate daily deal knocked 75% off Metro 2033's price, halving Steam's offer in the process.
Based on a Russian novel of the same name, Metro 2033 takes note of player choices throughout the game and its ending depends on the cumulative value of those choices.
Bulletstorm returns to the top of Direct2Drive's chart. It was featured as a one-day discount on April 24, part of the retailer's month of daily deals.
1) Portal 2
2) Portal Bundle ( Portal + Portal 2)
3) Metro 2033
4) Operation Flashpoint: Red River
*Based on revenue, not units sold
3) Rift Digital Collector's Edition
4) Crysis 2
5) Battlefield 3
1) Metro 2033
2) Two Worlds 2
3) Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
4) Sid Meier's Civilization V
5) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
1) Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
2) GalCiv II - Ultimate
3) Defense Grid Gold
4) Light of Altair
5) Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy pack
Good Old Games (
1) Alone In The Dark 1+2+3
3) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
4) Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition
5) Planescape Torment
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Labour leadership: Battle lines are drawn as members battle over party's ideology at first hustings of the contest
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...