The pros and cons of a man sitting down to pee, Egypt's lost pyramids uncovered: top Diggs
Wednesday 01 June 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on May 31.
1. 7 Insane Easter Eggs Hidden in Movies and TV Shows
Cracked.com uncovers images, languages and plots that have been hidden in movies and TV shows. Examples include naked women on the cover of The Silence of the Lambs film poster, characters from the next Pixar movie hidden in the previous one, and a hidden McBain movie in The Simpsons episodes aired between 1991 and 1993.
2. Marijuana Advocates Sue to Force Legalization in All 50 States
Marijuana advocates have filed a suit in a US Circuit Court in the hope of making the federal government "recognize cannabis as a drug with acceptable medical uses."
3. Egypt finds 17 lost pyramids using infra-red images to detect underground buildings
A new satellite survey that used infra-red images to scan objects under the ground in Egypt has uncovered underground buildings which appear to include 17 "lost" pyramids, 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements.
4. The pros and cons of a man sitting down to pee - The Oatmeal
A cartoon that lists the pros ("lets you hunch over and relax," "Penis is 100% safe from zipper") and the cons ("takes more time" and "Pretty much makes you a sissy little bitch") of a man sitting down to pee.
5. The United States Postal Service Nears Collapse
Mail volume in the US is "falling at a staggering rate" and the USPS is struggling to cover its annual budget, says an article on the Businessweek website.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30 - 38k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a digitally focussed Account Man...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This exciting and disruptive co...
£23000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion, this digital ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company has a fantastic opportunity for a...