US gamers spent $5.9bn in 4 months
Figures for the first four months of the year are in, showing that US consumers spent $2bn on console and PC games at retail and $1.85bn on digital purchases, rentals, subscriptions and used games.
Adding that to the spend on hardware and accessories gives a grand total of $5.9bn, according to the NPD Group, up 1.5% in comparison to 2010's equivalent.
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.