'WWE All Stars' review round-up: an exciting crowd-pleaser despite shortfalls
Wednesday 30 March 2011
Acting as an exaggerated alternative to the
Raw vs Smackdown series with shades of '90s classic
WWE All Stars offers an enticing lineup of modern superstars and wrestling legends on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP and PS2. Read on to find out whether it's ready for the big time.
1UP: B http://www.1up.com/reviews/wwe-stars-review
- "hyper-extreme character design fits perfectly with the arcade-style over-the-top action"
- "Create A Superstar mode could definitely use a little more beefing up"
- "some fun arcade-style play and great mix of Legends and modern-day Superstars"
Giant Bomb: 4/5 http://www.giantbomb.com/wwe-all-stars/61-31641/reviews
- "the wrestlers you want performing their moves in the craziest ways imaginable"
- "feels like the developers set out to make a wrestling game that was, above all, exciting to play"
- "entertaining in a way that no wrestling game has been for a generation or more"
- "great at making your moves look insane and painful"
IGN: 7/10 http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1158141p1.html
- "I enjoy the cartoony colors, crazy moves and ability to just jump in and play"
- "some annoyances keep it from being a main eventer"
- "There's no tutorial to teach you the ins and outs... goes a bit too far into hardcore expert town"
IncGamers: 6.2/10 http://ps3.incgamers.com/Reviews/1167/wwe-all-stars-review
- "falls flat thanks to a lack of depth"
- "What seems promising at first soon devolves into a monotonous chore"
- "you've experienced everything there is to experience in about an hour"
Nintendo World Report: 8/10 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/25891
- "plays as a 'lite' version of THQ's flagship wrestling title, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw"
- "Each match comes with a slick 1-2 minute video explaining who these wrestlers are and why they go well together"
- "should appeal to most fans who have a nostalgic fondness for wrestling"
WWE All Stars is released March 29 in North America and April 1 in Europe. The official website is wweallstars.com.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Infrastructure Architect is ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has ari...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a customer focu...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Development Executiv...