'WWE All Stars' review round-up: an exciting crowd-pleaser despite shortfalls
Wednesday 30 March 2011
Acting as an exaggerated alternative to the
Raw vs Smackdown series with shades of '90s classic
WWE All Stars offers an enticing lineup of modern superstars and wrestling legends on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP and PS2. Read on to find out whether it's ready for the big time.
1UP: B http://www.1up.com/reviews/wwe-stars-review
- "hyper-extreme character design fits perfectly with the arcade-style over-the-top action"
- "Create A Superstar mode could definitely use a little more beefing up"
- "some fun arcade-style play and great mix of Legends and modern-day Superstars"
Giant Bomb: 4/5 http://www.giantbomb.com/wwe-all-stars/61-31641/reviews
- "the wrestlers you want performing their moves in the craziest ways imaginable"
- "feels like the developers set out to make a wrestling game that was, above all, exciting to play"
- "entertaining in a way that no wrestling game has been for a generation or more"
- "great at making your moves look insane and painful"
IGN: 7/10 http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1158141p1.html
- "I enjoy the cartoony colors, crazy moves and ability to just jump in and play"
- "some annoyances keep it from being a main eventer"
- "There's no tutorial to teach you the ins and outs... goes a bit too far into hardcore expert town"
IncGamers: 6.2/10 http://ps3.incgamers.com/Reviews/1167/wwe-all-stars-review
- "falls flat thanks to a lack of depth"
- "What seems promising at first soon devolves into a monotonous chore"
- "you've experienced everything there is to experience in about an hour"
Nintendo World Report: 8/10 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/25891
- "plays as a 'lite' version of THQ's flagship wrestling title, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw"
- "Each match comes with a slick 1-2 minute video explaining who these wrestlers are and why they go well together"
- "should appeal to most fans who have a nostalgic fondness for wrestling"
WWE All Stars is released March 29 in North America and April 1 in Europe. The official website is wweallstars.com.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter not working: Social network says problem with tweets not showing is fixed
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a Web Developer looking...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Moodle Developer (PHP ,Linux, Apache...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£21000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Award-winning pharma softw...