Gift Guide: For the techie
Don't know what to buy the gadgeteer in your life? James Dyson has some hi-tech suggestions
Sunday 26 November 2006
1. Tivoli DAB Classic Radio This digital radio is simple, robust and good looking. I use it as my alarm - it makes getting up just a little bit easier. £229, John Lewis, tel: 08456 049 049,
2. Dyson DC16 Root 6 handheld cleaner Yes, it's one of ours, but it's perfect for tackling crumbs or picking up pine needles. It doesn't clog and lose suction - ideal for those spot cleaning jobs. £100, Dyson, tel: 0800 279 5127, www.dyson.co.uk
3. Canon Digital Ixus 900 Ti This digital camera has a 10-megapixel CCD sensor and retains a high resolution when you zoom in on small details. £299, Canon, tel: 08705 143 723, www.canon.co.uk
4. Epson EMP-TW700 projector I'm not keen on how televisions dominate living rooms. Projectors like this one are far more discreet. £1,299, Epson, tel: 08702 416 900, www.epson.co.uk
5. Mondaine Swiss Railways watch I'm a stickler for punctuality. This watch is very clear and based on the clocks found in Swiss railway stations. £98, tel: 0116 234 4655, www.mondaine.com
6. Philips Sonicare 9500 toothbrush A smart toothbrush that uses sonic vibrations to replicate the satisfying clean you get at the dentist's. £130, tel: 0845 601 03554, www.sonicare.co.uk
7. Monopoly Here & Now Electronic Banking With this new version of the classic game, players use "credit cards" and an electronic terminal to transfer money. £25, www.iwantoneofthose.com
8. Sony Micro Vault with Fingerprint Access This Sony USB key drive lets you keep your information secure by using fingerprint identification. £59, Sony, tel: 08705 111 999, www.sony.co.uk
James Dyson is an award-winning inventor and chairman of Dyson UK
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
GTA 5 pulled from shelves after petition
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Douglas Carswell tells Ukip to stop blaming foreigners as youth poll shows Nigel Farage is even less popular than Nick Clegg
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...
£22000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is a global marketin...
£17000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...