A glass of wine a day is bad for you
Thursday 31 May 2012
Many thousands of lives could be saved if Britons slashed their alcohol consumption, new research suggests.
Cutting average daily intake to the equivalent of half a small glass of wine would prevent almost 4,600 premature deaths a year in England alone, according to a study carried out at Oxford University.
Scientists used a mathematical model to show that the ideal level of alcohol consumption to prevent chronic disease in England was five grams, or about half a unit.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Kendall Jenner, Amy Adams and Adriana Lima on the cover of Love magazine
MH17 crash: Fake Facebook pages for young victims created by scammers to exploit relatives' grief and global interest
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 Time runs out for Christian Iraq: Isis deadline passes with mass flight
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- < Previous
- Next >
£23500 - £40000 per day: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Ltd a...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£60 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Liverpool: **Cover Supervisor's Urgently...
£110 - £155 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: An excellent, last minute opp...