A new gym regimen: run for your life
Do you find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise? The desire for a bikini body or abs of steel not enough to get you down to the gym? In that case, there's only one thing that is going to help – the threat of being eaten alive by a zombie horde.
At least that's the thinking behind the popular iPhone app Zombies, Run! (it's coming to Android later this year).
It imagines the zombie apocalypse has started and blends the spooky sound effects of the undead (groaning, heavy breathing) with video-game style goals to make running a more, er, exciting experience. It's a survival-of-the-fittest sort of thing. Zombies are having a a moment in the fitness world. Last year's Run For Your Lives – a 5km end-of-the-world themed obstacle course complete with marauding zombies – proved so popular it's being rolled out in 11 cities across the United States this summer. Until it crosses the Atlantic, Brits can check out the DIY fitness tutorials on zombiefit.org to get a taste of what to do if tomorrow's early morning run goes a bit Dawn of the Dead.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£130 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Secondary Geography Teacher Lo...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Are you a dynamic and energeti...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: SEN TAs, LSAs and Support Workers needed...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Sheffield office of this...