A new gym regimen: run for your life
Do you find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise? The desire for a bikini body or abs of steel not enough to get you down to the gym? In that case, there's only one thing that is going to help – the threat of being eaten alive by a zombie horde.
At least that's the thinking behind the popular iPhone app Zombies, Run! (it's coming to Android later this year).
It imagines the zombie apocalypse has started and blends the spooky sound effects of the undead (groaning, heavy breathing) with video-game style goals to make running a more, er, exciting experience. It's a survival-of-the-fittest sort of thing. Zombies are having a a moment in the fitness world. Last year's Run For Your Lives – a 5km end-of-the-world themed obstacle course complete with marauding zombies – proved so popular it's being rolled out in 11 cities across the United States this summer. Until it crosses the Atlantic, Brits can check out the DIY fitness tutorials on zombiefit.org to get a taste of what to do if tomorrow's early morning run goes a bit Dawn of the Dead.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...