A new gym regimen: run for your life
Do you find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise? The desire for a bikini body or abs of steel not enough to get you down to the gym? In that case, there's only one thing that is going to help – the threat of being eaten alive by a zombie horde.
At least that's the thinking behind the popular iPhone app Zombies, Run! (it's coming to Android later this year).
It imagines the zombie apocalypse has started and blends the spooky sound effects of the undead (groaning, heavy breathing) with video-game style goals to make running a more, er, exciting experience. It's a survival-of-the-fittest sort of thing. Zombies are having a a moment in the fitness world. Last year's Run For Your Lives – a 5km end-of-the-world themed obstacle course complete with marauding zombies – proved so popular it's being rolled out in 11 cities across the United States this summer. Until it crosses the Atlantic, Brits can check out the DIY fitness tutorials on zombiefit.org to get a taste of what to do if tomorrow's early morning run goes a bit Dawn of the Dead.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...