A&E delaying ambulances
Friday 10 June 2011
To transfer patients from ambulances to hospital accident and emergency units takes more than 15 minutes in a fifth of cases.
A National Audit Office report said: "If ambulances are queuing outside hospitals they are not available to respond to other calls." It said more patients could be taken to minor injury units instead.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...