A&E delaying ambulances
Friday 10 June 2011
To transfer patients from ambulances to hospital accident and emergency units takes more than 15 minutes in a fifth of cases.
A National Audit Office report said: "If ambulances are queuing outside hospitals they are not available to respond to other calls." It said more patients could be taken to minor injury units instead.
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel makes 15-year-old YouTube star Brendan Jordan the face of its new campaign
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£350 p/d (Contract): Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Web Developer (PHP /...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£16000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...