Calls to mental health helpline rise by 50%
Monday 15 July 2013
The number of calls to mental health charity Mind’s helpline has increased by 50 per cent in the past year with many callers now presenting “acute and complex” problems stemming from severe financial worries.
The charity said there had also been a 30 per cent increase in calls “relating to suicide” in the past 12 months with some 1,546 calls. Overall, the number of calls rose to more than 68,000, from 46,000 in 2011-12.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
How much independence should children have?
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Service Delivery Manager - (Derivatives, Support...
£30000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Account Manager - Java,...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: WPF Analyst Programmer NET, WPF, C#, M...